[MPlayer-users] AVI with AC3 stream,audio/video interleaving with MEncoder

Pavel Předota marexcom at volny.cz
Sun Apr 28 20:46:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

did anybody tried to play AVI with AC3 stream (created by MEncoder} in
Windows?
I was tried create avis from DVD using 2 pass with libavcodec and 2 pass with
divx4linux ( -oac copy)

In Mplayer it's working correctly for hwac3 and  sw downmix ---> 2ch. stereo
Same for AVI player.

HW: SB Live! 5.1
Drivers: ALSA 0.9.0rc1 from CVS

In Windows:

HW: SB Live! 5.1
SW,drivers and filters:

bsplay-0.84RC4,wmp-6.4 	                -- players
iviaudio.ax v.2.0 ,iviaudio.ax v.2.6      -- Intervideo ac3 dec.
claud.ax			               -- Cyberlink ac3 dec.
found with  google.

MEncoded avis play with interruptions in all channels under Windows.

Avis created by VirtualDub  play correctly  under Linux and Windows.

I was tried increase value for audio/video interleaving from 1 (default) to
25 frames (in VirtualDub).

Avis with A/V int. above 4 frames are unplayable with windows decoders
(interrupted or no sound.)

In MPlayer A/V int. 25 frames : no problem!.

Can I change A/V interleaving in MEncoder?

I was search these value into avivrite.c and avivrite.h ,but iIm not C
programmer :-}

any ideas?

thanks a lot

--