[MPlayer-users] compiling problems & more

DAVIS M. RAGAN (MACK) RAGAN_DAVIS at colstate.edu
Sat Apr 27 16:02:02 CEST 2002

Hi, all!

I've installed GTK2 (2.0.1) from the RPM obtained from GTK's ftp
site.  Yet, when I run "./configure --enable-gui" it gives me the error
"Error: the GUI requires GTK (which was not found)".  What's up?  I
can run "rpm -q -a |grep gtk" and can see that GTK2 is there.  I've
installed the latest version of all the dependencies (atk, pango, pkg-
config, glib).  When I compile without gui, it seems to work okay.
However, the make dies at some point in the middle...just sends me
back to a prompt.  Has anyone ever had this prob?  I'm running
RH7.2.

Thanks!
Mack