[MPlayer-users] Panscan.

Jakub Turski yacoob at chruptak.plukwa.net
Sat Apr 27 14:43:01 CEST 2002

 ._         The little penguin sat on the shore,
_ at __        watching Jukka Tastula writting his letter
    ~~~~~   on the memorable day of 2002/04/24 19:05

> This kind of on-the-fly cropping can't really be called pan&scan as theres
> no panning involved; you just get what happens to be in the center :-)
> With a 2.35:1 aspect movie this would probably result in noses talking to
> each other alot. Not a good idea really, but whatever you want to torture

 True ;)
 However, it's quite often useful, while watching dvdrips.
 A question to developers: will it be implemented?

> yourself with is none of my business. Just imagine how much of the picture
> you'll lose this way if the movie was shot on Super-35 and you crop the
> widescreen version of it.

 I'm aware of it.

Regards,

Q.
--
   __    __.--------------------------http://yacoob.dnsalias.net/cv.html---.__
  (oo)  |        Error: File not found.  Where did you last leave it?         |