[MPlayer-users] Re: Mencoder problem

Thomas Buchmüller t.buchi at gmx.net
Fri Apr 26 14:30:01 CEST 2002

   8787164 Apr  2 16:49 file1_x640y512kbps1250.avi
  12427206 Apr  2 16:43 file2_x720y576kbps1800.avi

These avis are equal long (about 60 sec). One is encoded with br 1250 the
other one is encoded with br 1800. Just to have the same quality the one
with bitrate 1250 is a little bit smaller (resolution). But the win of
size (in this case 1/4 is just because i used a smaller bitrate, not
because the resolution is lower).

If you encode with smaller resolution but with the same br, the filesize
will be the same.

The command

mencoder file1.avi -ovc divx4 -x 120 -y 90 -divx4opts br=100 -sws 2 -o
file2.avi

should produce a very small file.

Bye Tom

An all the information i have can be found in the manpage and in
html-docs.