[MPlayer-users] Playing another sound track & DVD

etienne gandhi gandhi.etienne at ts.siemens.fr
Fri Apr 26 10:33:01 CEST 2002

Hi all,

1 - I have used the -audiofile option available in the 0.9Pre1, it's working fine. This is very usefull for me, as I need multilanguages.
If files are on a CDRom, the movie is not fluent, bcs the drive need to acces to 2 different files, located in 2 different location on the CDRom.
If files are on a DH, it's perfect.

2 - I try to read a dvd.
On the previous release (0.6), it's working fine.
On the new version, I have a problem:
(Info: my DVD player is mounter on /dvd, with the right link to the right device).
-------------------
etienne at altas:~$ mplayer -dvd 3 /dvd -vo x11

MPlayer 0.90pre1.1-2.95.4 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD  max cpuid level: 1
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Type: 6, Stepping: 2)
extended cpuid-level: 6
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal! To get best performa
nce, recompile mplayer from sources with --disable-runtime-cpudetection
Reading /home/etienne/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open '/home/etienne/.mplayer/codecs
.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /usr/local/share/mplayer/codecs.conf: 31 audio & 81 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/etienne/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Font /usr/local/share/mplayer/font/font.desc loaded successfully! (206 chars)
Linux RTC init error: Permission denied
Using usleep() timing
Can't open input config file /home/etienne/.mplayer/input.conf : No such file or directory
Falling back on default (hardcoded) config
Setting up lirc support...
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: Connection refused
Failed opening lirc support!
You won't be able to use your remote control
Playing DVD title 3
Can't open IFO file: No such file or directory
libdvdread: Device inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
libdvdread: Using normal filesystem access.
Reading disc structure, please wait...
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
Can't open VMG info!
Playing /dvd
Not an URL!
MPEG packet stats: p100: 0  p101: 0  PES: 0  MP3: 0
============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported ===============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===

*** free_stream() called ***

Exiting... (End of file)

Did I mised something ?

I have just compiled MPlayer (./configure, make, #make install).
Shall I do something on the dvd relared lib ?

Thanks.