[MPlayer-users] A couple of SVGAlib-related bugs in v0.90

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Apr 25 22:44:02 CEST 2002

Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Thursday 25 April 2002 00:19, Patrick Chalnick wrote:
> read the above line, send real bugreport!

OK, as I'm suffering from the same bugs, I'll do this.

1)
When using -vo svga, the keyboard echoing is not restored when returning to
text mode, so a `reset' has to be done (`stty echo' doesn't completely fix it).

This worked fine in v0.60 .

2)
When using -vo svga, the position of the image alternates between two
positions on screen.  Enabling direct rendering with the -dr option keeps the
image in one place, but while for most codecs it is in the centre of the
640x480 section of screen used by this vidmode, for cinepak (and possibly
others, but none that I've tried) it starts at the bottom-right corner and
trails off the edge of the (available) screen.

Backing out the direct-rendering patch at
http://MPlayerHQ.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2002-April/007717.html fixes this
(but the direct-rendering is extremely useful on my slow machine).

The Boring Details(tm):

distro: Debian Testing (`Woody')
kernel:
Linux corrosive 2.4.18 #1 Wed Mar 6 21:49:14 GMT 2002 i586 unknown
(no fbdev support)

libc:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1153816 Mar 24 17:00 /lib/libc-2.2.5.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Apr 13 23:24 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.2.5.so

svgalib 1.4.3, with patch http://users.ox.ac.uk/~hert1023/hacks/svga.diff
applied to make my card work

gcc version 2.95.4 20011002
ld version 2.12.90.0.1 20020307
assembler 2.12.90.0.1 20020307

cpu:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 5
model           : 2
model name      : Pentium 75 - 200
stepping        : 12
cpu MHz         : 132.634
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : yes
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8
bogomips        : 264.60

Video card:
Trident cyber9385, 2Mb

Glyn