[MPlayer-users] RE: radeon tv out

Yaacov Akiba Slama ya at slamail.org
Thu Apr 25 18:49:02 CEST 2002

*Alex Shnitman* wrote :
>Is it possible to configure it to overscan, in order to eliminate the
>annoying black borders? Do you see your picture covering the *whole* TV
>screen?

>I've been struggling with my ProSavage chipset's TV-out, trying to make
>it overscan, but it seems that there's no way I can fool it --
>apparently the VGA BIOS does all the TV-out timings and I can't
>influence it via modelines. :-(

The picture is covering the whole TV screen (in fact i have only a quite small
black border in the upper side of the screen).
But the whole timing are controlled by the graphic card bios, so perhaps I am
lucky about that. But that can only be better than the XFree vesa driver.

yas

Two ways to fight a terrorist
-American way : kill him !
-European way : give him a Jew to kill, it's calming, we know that !