[MPlayer-users] RE: radeon tv out

Yaacov Akiba Slama ya at slamail.org
Thu Apr 25 17:59:01 CEST 2002

*Erik Grinaker* wrote :

>I was wondering what currently is the recommended way of getting tv out
>working nicely on a radeon card.

Hi !

I am using a debian woody with a rage 128 connected to a tv (only).
I first used the vesa XFree driver, but 1) MPlayer was the only player working (quite)
properly and 2) The global quality was poor.

So I recompiled the sources (from the debian packages) and patched the r128 driver
with stuff found in Gatos (gatos.sf.net) [devel branch in CVS].
Now I am using the r128 driver with tv-out and Xv and everything is OK (BTW the tv-out
of ATI is superb).

yas

Two ways to fight a terrorist

-American way : kill him !
-European way : give him a Jew to kill, it's calming, we know that !