[MPlayer-users] Subtitles colors problem, ffmpeg problem and some questions

salvador salvador at inti.gov.ar
Wed Apr 24 15:15:02 CEST 2002

Felix Buenemann wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 16:31, salvador wrote:
> >
> > Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

> > > palette is store in the IFO, which is only analyzed in direct dvd mode,
> > > so only vob -> no palette -> unpredictable result.
> >
> > Hmm.. I see, it have sense, but I think mplayer is using some sort of
> > "default palette". It looks like this default palette is quite bad. Xine
> > uses a palette that makes the subtitles usable, I preffer to use MPlayer,
> > but have this problem.
> Well, about every dvd has different palette, so it's simply luck, if your
> default palette works fine...

Hmmm... but Xine's palette works for all the DVDs I have at home, maybe is not
that random.

> > Do you know in what sources can I find the code handling it? perhaps I can
> > patch it as I did to get the scale video filter working.
> hmm, spudec.c maybe also vobsub.c.

Ok, will take a look at this. I got the impression that MPlayer is using an all
black palette (maybe I'm wrong!), if that's the case any other default will have
a better probability.

SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or
Alternative e-mail: set at computer.org set at ieee.org
Address: Curapaligue 2124, Caseros, 3 de Febrero
Buenos Aires, (1678), ARGENTINA Phone: +(5411) 4759 0013