[MPlayer-users] "Couldn't open /dev/3dfx"

ellen at euronet.nl ellen at euronet.nl
Wed Apr 24 12:35:02 CEST 2002

> Initially, my linux system (kernel 2.4.18) didn't have a /dev/3dfx,
> but after reading snippets of various docs, I created the device file:
>
> geoff:/$ ls -l /dev/3dfx
> crw-r--r--    1 root     admin    120,   0 Apr 24 01:21 /dev/3dfx
>
> But that didn't seem to change anything.
>
> Does anybody know what exactly the problem is, and/or what the
> solution is?  Thanks a lot for your help.

Do a Google search for "Device3Dfx", and download and install it.
BTW, my /dev/3dfx has a major number of 107, not 120.  That may have
changed, though...

Hope this helps,

Ellen
--

Ellen Geertsema               "All my life I wanted to be someone;
ellen at euronet.nl            I guess I should have been more specific."