[MPlayer-users] Problems with mplayer on PPC

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 24 11:49:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > (so change AFMT_S16_LE -> AFMT_S16_BE)
> >
> > and tell me if iy's ok (don't forget to change back that if() bellow to
> > the original code)
>
> 	Ok. This time, it didn't work. I get the white noise effects.
> 	:-(
>
> 	So, with the "wrong" fix it worked, but with the new fix, it
> 	didn't (obviously, I changed the if condition back to the
> 	original).

hmm, weird.
it means the bug is somewhere in audio out.
what ao driver are you using?
show me whole -v log of pcm playback on ppc

> > does it have LPCM audio???
>
> 	Yes, it does.
>
> > for lpcm, try this in ad_dvdpcm.c:
> (...)
> > and remove the whole for(){  ...  } section
> > and tell me if it's ok
>
> 	This one worked perfectly well. Now, I can watch vob files
> 	without any problem.

hmm. even more strange than...
if this works, then it should work for ad_pcm too

> 	I still can't watch dvds if I use -dvd 1, but that may be an
> 	unrelated problem which I will investigate later.

there are known issues with the ac3 decoder on ppc

> 	As a side comment, did you get the files that I uploaded to
> 	the ftp site (regarding the audio/wav dump with incorrect
> 	headers)?

no, it's not my code, but atmos will check it, i'm sure

> 	Oh, I just looked at the contents of the generated header on
> 	PPC and the problem seems indeed related to endianness, as I
> 	suspected.  Instead of "RIFF", it has "FFIR". Other places on
> 	the headers have strings which are visibly backwards also
> 	(like "WAVE" and "data" as "EVAW" and "atad", respectively).
should be easy to fix

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team