[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users digest, Vol 1 #839 - 14 msgs

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 24 00:16:01 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 16:58, Jeffrey Hammel wrote:
> I couldn't find a working copy of ac3test.vob (the only one I found with
> google just makes white noise out of the center speaker).  However, I have
> found DolbyDigitalCanyon.vob, which gives distinctive output for each
> speaker whether played with mplayer of with a52dec after using mplayer
> -dumpaudio.  Again, surround is perfect without voices, but as soon as I
> play a DVD w/ voices they are essentially muted.  No clue why.  mplayer
> problem?  Sound configuration problem? Other?
use http://www.inside.dk/websupport/DVD-test/AC3TEST.VOB and use eg:
extract_a52 /home/download/samples/AC3TEST.VOB |a52dec -o oss6
you should get white noise and a speaker from the different speakers, saying:
"left front", "center", "right front", "right surround", "left surround",
"LFE" (speaker here comes from left front, but low frequency signal comes via
the LFE speaker)

If this is different for you, your speaker or soundcard setup is faulty, play
arround with emu-dsputil from the opensource creative drivers to correct it.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos