[MPlayer-users] Re: can -vop scale increase the size?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Tue Apr 23 00:58:00 CEST 2002

Hello -

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi_Guyomarch?= <rguyom at pobox.com>

> I bet if you play the resulting file like that :
>
> The problem is that some XV drivers want a 8-byte aligned width or

	Ah, ok - so the problem is not in the encoder or the player.  That is
	a relief!

> So the fix would be to add a few pixels to the width during encoding
> to let it be aligned on a 8-byte boundary or something like that. You
> won't notice a few pixel wider. Or you can use "-vop expand" during
> playback.

	Thank you very much for the extremely helpful hint.   If I add 2
	pixels to the width (856 is a multiple of 8):

	mencoder -dvd 1 -vop scale=856:480 -sws 2 -ovc lavc \
	      -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq -o title1.avi

	The problem on playback goes away.

	Thanks again!

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com