[MPlayer-users] 12 thoughts about MPlayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 20 01:34:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > i said 0.60 is TOO OLD
> > use CVS, >100 bugs has been fixed since 0.60
>
> Yes and >100 _new_ bugs that doesnt have been fixed? ;)

nope... there are new features and new options with possible bugs, but
if you don't use them it works better than 0.60...

> I think i will update to the next release. Will it be released soon or will
> it take a while?
it usually took 3-4 months to make a new release.
but you're lucky, next pre-release is dated today, will be released soon.

> > but what the hell does it in .xsession-errors ?
> > these are mplayer output sent to the console (stdout).
> > maybe you have some silly wm redirecting stdout to .xsession-errors ???
>
> Yes.

then it's your problem, not our ;)

> > > Do you belive me now? A quiet option that could be specified in the conf
> ig
> > > file would be very good.
> > rtfm there is -quiet
>
> Yeah i saw it, could it be possible to put the quiet option in the config
> file?

yes. rtfm.

> > > Its only things that i dont find in the docs that i ask about.
> > reading != grep
>
> Really? ;)

sure.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team