[MPlayer-users] -ac hwac3 with non SB Live/C-Media soundcards?

Marcus Blomenkamp Marcus.Blomenkamp at epost.de
Fri Apr 19 18:52:01 CEST 2002

Andreas Lange wrote:

> You're probably thinking of cards that use the same output plug
> for analog and digital signals. My card has a normal 3.5 mm stereo
> line-out plug connected to the analog input of my amplifier and
> a cinch coaxial spdif output connected to the digital input of
> the amplifier. So the clicking noise might be the digital ac3 signal
> that should normally come out of the spdif and not the analog output.
>
> When I use xine's ac3 passthrough my amplifier correctly detects
> and decodes the signal on its digital input.

Your decoder selects between analog and digital inputs automatically?

 > so my hardware and driver setup should not be the problem...

Please post your 'modules.conf'. You must use the second device of the
card to get bit-identical output, otherwise volume/mixer settings are
applied. You can use the second device either through 'mplayer -ao
alsa9:hw:0,2' or through OSS emulation directed to '2' (options
snd-pcm-oss snd_dsp_map=2)

Marcus