[MPlayer-users] mencoder and troubles

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Apr 19 03:22:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Well Arpi, you'll be surprised, but mencoder with TV capture DOES encode aud
> io

i really doubt it - as no audio grabbing code in the tvi_v4l driver :)
it may grab something (random data or silence or dunno what) but i doubt it
come from /dev/dsp

maybe your card produce some audio via the v4l device?
afair alex started some work on that long time ago, but never finished, and
no a-v sync code at all...

> also, but it seems few problems appear to me (and yes, I RTFM)..
>
> example:  mencoder -tv
> on:driver=v4l:width=352:height=288:outfmt=rgb24:vo=sdl:oac=mp3lame:norm=pal
> -
> encode from my TV card, but the picture is upside-down, although the colors
use -vop flip

> Audio playback seems to be twice as needed, so it's in sort-of high pitch..
> encoded in mp3lame.
try again, audio rate problem has been fixed few hours ago

> Encoding speed is really slow on my machine - and my machine is 1.5Ghz Penti
> um
> 4 with GeForce 2, nvidia drivers, xfree 4.1.0, mtrr enabled, with kernel
> 2.4.9 (tried 2.4.18 - same results) so I hardly think my machine is slow for
>
> this task.
try with libavcodec, divx4 is slow as hell, mp3lame too

> I've uploaded a 748K sample file to MPlayer/incoming directory to show the
> problem. Filename: hetz-test.avi (and explanation in hetz-test.avi.readme)

and what should i do with it?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team