[MPlayer-users] mencoder tv recording

Tod Schmidt tschmidty at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 18:01:01 CEST 2002

You can use -srate 22050 to get the files to play at
the proper speed. I had noticed this but not reported
it as a bug because I imagine you guys are still
working on that feature...

  I still get a messed up colors playing nuv streams
but again, I am seeing progress on that front and will
take a look at it myself one of these days. With the
new post processing code done for (hopefully) good
deinterlacing and the audio fixed, hopefully I won't
have to record nuv files anymore.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks,
T Schmidt

Hello!

I was quite happy, when i realized, that mencoder is
now
capable of recording audio as well from a v4l (tv
tuner)
device.

However i'm having some difficulties: somehow audio
plays
at double speed in the recordings, you know, kindof
'Alvin es a
mokusok'
like sound, which is funny but not a solution in the
long run :)
This happens only with mp3lame audio encoding, using
-oac pcm it seems
work fine.

I'm turning to this forum, because i'm not sure if
it's my fault for
using
wrong parameters or wrong mp3lame, or it's useless for
me to try again
and
again with different settings, because it's still not
working properly
with mp3lame
(?).

This is how i try (based on the FINE manual,
encoding.html and co. :)

mencoder -tv
on:driver=v4l:width=384:height=288:outfmt=yuy2 -ovc
divx4
-vfm 1 -oac mp3lame -divx4opts br=800 -lameopts q=9 -o
filename.avi

also tried cbr mp3 compression, same double speed
effect with audio,
video
is fine!

I attached mencoder and mplayer -v logs, maybe that
explain the cause
for
an expert :) Thanks for the help,

HW/SW stuff:

athlon800,gef256,sblive

debian sid
today's mplayer cvs with ffmpeg cvs compiled in
liblame-dev  3.91-0.1
liblame0     3.91-0.1
2.4.19-pre4 kernel with the supplied sblive drivers