[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: subtitles with mencoder ans some surprise

Stefano Z. sztrash at libero.it
Thu Apr 18 15:07:02 CEST 2002

Hola,

A> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
A> Hi,

>> A> yeah, finally it's possible (again) to encode dvd subs wiht mencoder.
>> A> also possible to encode etxt subtitles with mencoder (but you have
>> A> to use the -sub option, automatic detection of .sub files has been
>> A> disabled, as encoding text subs is not a good idea, but some of you
>> A> want to do it...)
>>
>> Good notice , thanks ! :-)
>> Unfortunately i'm still unable to (m)encode from dvd :-(
>> I receive after a while an error of empty audio buffer....
>> i have compiled all with gcc 2.95.3 ,
>> audio library is lame 3.91 , mplayer cvs is always the latest,
>> i'm using it on a mandrake 8.2 distribution, AMD Athlon 1400,
>> ATI radeon 32mb SDR.
>> I have no idea on where is the problem :-(

A> what about reading docs/bugreoprts?
A> but at least including mplayer -v log...
A> anyway, are you coding .vob files or use the -dvd option?
A> coding from .vob may fail due to menu/still image scerens...

If you search on (not so) old messages on this ML, i have posted all
the necessary about this problem, but , i have found no solution
(yes, some people have reply to me some solutions , but no one have worked for
me).
And yes, i'm using -dvd option on my pioneer DVD (EIDE)..
this evening i'll try to repost all , but i must encode another dvd
and then post here the results and logs.
Thanks for now :-)

--
PayPal:
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=sztrash40libero.it