[MPlayer-users] She Working but ...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 17 12:05:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Problem I have is that I need to be able to adjust brightness,
> contrast, etc. I need mplayer to use xv like Xine is doing as I can
> adjust these feature but mplayer will not work if I substitute -vo xv
> as it gives me this error message:
>
> Couldn't find free Xvideo port - maybe other applications keep it
> open. Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device!
>
> Is there a work around as I have a Nvidia TNT2 Pro card installed (I

hmm. normally i woudl say RTFM, but Kabi (avifile author)told me few days
ago, that some nvidia drivers has an Xv bug, and selecting the first adaptor
will fail, so SDL selects teh last one to workaround it, causing problems
with geforce cards.

please, show us the xvinfo output, and also try to compile mplayer with SDL
support and try -vo sdl:x11 it shoudld use xv if available

if you have old driver, upgrade to the latets nvidia build, old drivers has
a lot of silly bugs... (and imho still have, but it's flame)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team