[MPlayer-users] 12 thoughts about MPlayer

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Tue Apr 16 02:20:02 CEST 2002

On Sunday 14 April 2002 02:56, Arpi wrote:

> > in the cvs and it is updated all the time its a pain to do for every
> > cvs up even with diffs. I doubt the average mplayer user could do that
> > anyway.
> enough to do once, and send the patch for us, so we can include it in the
> cvs... don't you think?

Right. So here goes. Hope atleast someone finds it useful. The output
actually fits in one screen now :) But its probably broken, dangerous even.
Works for me, though. Just remember that if it blows up your monitor and
completely destroys your harddrive and eats your pet hamster alive, I've
warned you :)

Maybe poking the libavcodec part wasn't such a bright idea as its not a part
of mplayer anyway. But seriously, do you think the user wants to know every
time (s)he runs the program that its using 3dnow/mmx/mmx1/sse/whathaveyou
(like it was using yesterday and the day before...)?

I'm a user and I don't :)

One thing I just can't figure out is why's it re-spamming the cpu lines?
I mean I get output like

CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD  max cpuid level: 1
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron SF Spitfire (Type: 6, Stepping: 1)
extended cpuid-level: 6
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 1 3DNow2: 1 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
Selecting Audio Decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
CPU vendor name: AuthenticAMD  max cpuid level: 1
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Duron SF Spitfire (Type: 6, Stepping: 1)
extended cpuid-level: 6
MPEG 1.0, Layer III, 44100 Hz 128 kbit Joint-Stereo, BPF: 417

Something I fed it? Seems to happen with a fresh cvs co too.
Those lines are pretty useless most of the time anyway.

... Now when I hit send, 0.001 seconds later I notice a huge mistake.