[MPlayer-users] cvs mplayer crashes on trying to play wmv file.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 14 16:56:42 CEST 2002

Hi,

> It appears that initializing audio causes it to crap out. I believe I am
> using the latest version of the Win32 codecs. This is reproducible with
> any wmv file. I can see the video if I use -nosound.

cool. i've posted here many times searching for people with this bug, nobody
answered... (it seems it works for 99.9% of users, including me)

so, please, help tracking it down.
afaik it worked in 0.60 but doens't work in cvs. so there is a date between
0.60 and cvs when something changed.

so, try cvs snapshots between 2002.1.2 and today (hint: use log search :))
and find the date whan it changed to non-working. then we can check what
happened and fix the bug...

thx,

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team