[MPlayer-users] tdfxfb drivers

Jakub Turski yacoob at chruptak.plukwa.net
Sat Apr 13 03:06:01 CEST 2002

 ._         The little penguin sat on the shore,
_ at __        watching Mark Zealey writting his letter
    ~~~~~   on the memorable day of 2002/04/12 18:52

> > sould be included in Mplayer.It shuld repclace the original file.
> I've comitted the latest version to cvs, all future versions will be put
> straight into cvs, I'll remove the file from my web space shortly.

 I'd  like  to  thank you in public, not only for rewriting this vo, but
also for listening to luser's whining about it ;)) As far as I  see,  it
works  fine  and postioning and such is ok. At last the scaled subtitles
are fine (as good as those with xv). And an option to play movie on  top
of the other consoles. Excelent work Mark!!!

 Just to clarify:
  -nodouble:
    * background = console, you can switch to other VTs, yay!
    * fullscreen OSD - scaled, looks bad. (can it be fixed too? :)
    * 'windowed' OSD - ok, with nice blending.
  -double:
    * background = black screen, no switching.
    * OSD in both modes - ok, with nice blending.

 One  more  tiny  request: can anyone update man page and docs about the
new  tdfxfb driver? The -double options is on mplayer's option list, but
is NOT described - is it only used here, with tdfxfb?

 Now if only ffmpeg's developers fixed that green-stripe-bug...

Regards,

Q.
--
   __    __.--------------------------http://yacoob.dnsalias.net/cv.html---.__
  (oo)  |            Going the speed of light is bad for your age.            |