[MPlayer-users] SBLive! + AC3 SP/DIF Output (ALSA/OSS)

Alexander Gretencord arutha at gmx.de
Fri Apr 12 21:03:02 CEST 2002

On Sunday 12 May 2002 20:05, Stefan wrote:
> I use ALSA 0.9.0beta12 and the Digital Output works fine in other Audio
> Apps, except mplayer. There comes the same crappy noise as with the OSS
> driver. The strangest thing about this is that with videolan I can get

What do you mean with crappy sound ? Mh I dunno about sp/dif output but did
you compile mplayer with 3dnow ? Try do compile mplayer without 3dnow
optimizations and without runtime cpu detection. At least for me that helped
for AC output. Seems the 3dnow optimizations are broken. I dunno if this is
still the case at least no developer seems to have noticed that I said this
earlier but then again I haven't tried it with newer mplayer :)

Alex