[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD trouble

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Apr 12 11:28:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> it connected to the IDE channel.  Well I booted up Linux, and the DVD
> player works perfectly off of IDE.  So I stuffed the drive back in it's
> ieee1394 case, hoping now it would work....still the exact same error.

maybe the ieee1394 drivers (very alpha unstable stage in linux yet) in
the kernel don't support the special dvd auth functions yet?
(just the basic block r/w, requires for mounting and most apps)
you should ask the driver author... or rtfm of kernel

last time when i itried ieee with a sony dv cam, it crashed the kernel
every time when i pressed the STOP button on the camera...
the final workaroudn was compiling stuff to module, unload module, then stop
camera, reload module then play again... but this is OT here

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team