[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: mencoder migrated to video filter layer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 11 23:21:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Notes: for colorspace conversion use scale, _NOT_ format !
>
> Notes2: if you get garbage, horizontal lines (skewed image), then add
> 'expand' to your filter list. it may happen with crop and flip filters,
> if the given vo or encoder plugin doesn't accept stride. will be fixed.

okey, some update:
now all these are autodetected!!!
it will recognize and autoload pp, expand, scale and flip if needed.

try mplayer divx.avi -pp 100
and it will load 'pp' without -vop pp

or try mplayer -vo xmga indeo3.avi
and it will load also scale (for rgb->yuv) and flip (as indeo3 requires flip
but mga can't do that)

i hope it will work well... tell me if not, including the _whole_ -v log!

note: it won't load 'scale' for software scaling, but if you use -zoom -x
-y, and the selected -vo can't do sw/hw scaling, and there is 'scale' loaded
(by -vop scale or automatically for csp conversion)then it will use 'scale'
with -x -y values, so maintaining aspect ratio!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team