[MPlayer-users] Re: dvd, vidix, subtitles, lirc

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Thu Apr 11 15:07:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 01:25:39PM +0200, Clemens Resanka wrote:

>  - should -vo vesa:vidix:nvidia_vid.so work (TnT chip, see below)? It just says:
>     [nvidia] probe
>     No chip found
>     vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

The nvidia_vid.so is a skeleton, which apparently might give some
printouts with TNT2 cards, but no picture. I think someone said no mplayer
developer has programming info for Nvidia chips, so... Well, my Radeon
awaits installation.

>  - dvd bookmarks would be great!

I take it you mean mplayer should remember where you stopped watching
a given disc? Could be useful, my standalone DVD player can do that if
I turn the power off while watching. Then again, a file in your home
directory listing what you've been watching lately might be behavior
more suited for Bill's mplayer...

>  - all options (subtitles, language, video eq,...) should also be
>    available in -slave mode and via lirc
>
> speaking of lirc... I can't get it to work :-(

It has changed somewhat, search the list archive for info.
Your example will probably work if you change it to this:

begin
 remote = Hauppauge
 prog = mplayer
 button = MUTE