[MPlayer-users] dvd, vidix, subtitles, lirc

Clemens Resanka clemens at bigfoot.com
Thu Apr 11 13:51:02 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I just tried dvd playback and - yippiie - it works (using 500k cache)!

but I got some comments:

 - should -vo vesa:vidix:nvidia_vid.so work (TnT chip, see below)? It just says:
    [nvidia] probe
    No chip found
    vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

 - with dga, subtitles flicker. -double makes the video flicker

 - BUG: when the -slang option is given, mplayer ignores -osdlevel 0;
   it even ignores the o key; I would like to switch on subtitles on
   demand (i.e. if I don't understand something)

 - I am missing an option to cycle through the languages while the
   video is running. For example it would be nice if I could use "l" to
   switch to the next available audio language and "s" for the
   subtitle language.

 - dvd bookmarks would be great!

 - all options (subtitles, language, video eq,...) should also be
   available in -slave mode and via lirc

speaking of lirc... I can't get it to work :-(

here's part of my .lircrc:
--------------------------
begin
 remote = Hauppauge
 prog = mplayer_lirc
 button = MUTE
 repeat = 0
 config = PAUSE
end
--------------------------
mplayer just says
    Setting up lirc support...

lircd is running and states
    lircd-0.6.4: accepted new client on /dev/lircd
as soon as mplayer starts.

but when I hit the MUTE button on the remote control, nothing happens.
It does however work using irexec and other clients.
what am I doing wrong?
how can this be debugged?

Software:
    Linux 2.4.17
    libc6
    XFree86 Version 4.2.0
    gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
    GNU ld version 2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.0.33)
    GNU assembler 2.10.91
    MPlayer-20020410
Hardware:
    Celeron 500
    ASUS V3400 (nVidia Corporation Riva TnT [NV04])

So far..

 - Clemens -