[MPlayer-users] mencoder how to remove black bars

Maximo Ramos maximo at violadores.org
Tue Apr 9 19:59:03 CEST 2002

a las wenas ...

Citando a  Fredrik Kuivinen (freku045 at student.liu.se):
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 12:35:03AM +0900, Maximo Ramos wrote:
> > I am just wondering if mencoder can do the opposite?? adding black bars to a wide-screen
>
> Try the expand video filter.

ooh!! O_o ... I better cvs it right away!! and check the DOCS too!

thanks!! 3 DVDs here are waiting!! ... I just need a linux solution to rip
the subtitles from my DVDs and I would be 100% happy :)

> > divx file (because we can't situate the subtitles at the lower end of the screen, right?)
>
> mplayer can do it with -vo sdl.

My Pentium II 233 MHz can't afford it ... I am glad I own a Matrox Millenium II G200.

Some friends of mine got shock when they see how good my system play divxs ...

thanks mplayer developers!! (opps, I got carried away :)