[MPlayer-users] yv12 output format for wmv7 ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 8 10:55:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> When I use transcode to convert WMV (wmv7) file to VCD, I found that
> yv12 output format is supported by avifile library.
>
> eea188:~/video/download> tcdecode -i AVSEQ03.WMV -x af6video -y yv12 > /dev/
> null
> (af6_decore.cpp) input video size: 320x240
> (af6_decore.cpp) input: YVU 4:2:0 planar data
>
> If this true, is there any reason that mplayer does not support yv12
> output for wmv7 codec?

the win32 dlls don't support yv12, or the yv12 support is very
buggy/unstable. the main problem is that yv12 is planar, but the win32
codec interface was designed for single plane video frames.
(no way to specify 2nd and 3rd plane pointers)

the only working yv12 win32 codec is indeo5ds.

afaik transcode _converts_ every yuv formats to yv12.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team