[MPlayer-users] dvd -ss seeking & minimalist feature request

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 7 16:59:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> just doesn't work.s. never has worked properly, i guess it's because it's
> got chapters and all that, but using -ss always goes to somewhere past
> that point.

dvd -ss needs proper .ifo parsing, to get cell times etc...
probably doable, but needs volunteers...

> information and all that is written over. Would it be possible to print
> the length of a dvd/divx movie before starting to play it? using the
no

> and i asked earlier but no body replied.. will there be a network
> stream *output* for mplayer soon?
not planned
such unusual features usually goes into mplayer from patches. if someone is
interested in implementing such thing, do it and send patch.
we have no time and interest for such things.

i also note, that we're working on cleanup, then bugfixing of mplayer and
make a new release. no new big features planned in the near future.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team