[MPlayer-users] DVD subtitles (yes, I've RTFM)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri Apr 5 20:40:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I just can't get DVD subtitles to work; but it's obviously implemented
given the docs. I've tried with several dvds off and on with various
verison of MPlayer (such as todays CVS snapshot and 0.60). For example:

mplayer -dvd 1 -slang en

or

mplayer -dvd 1 -slang sv

It seems to load the subtitles okay,

   Selected DVD subtitle channel: 1 language: sv

but nothing's ever shown. On the DVD I'm trying at the moment (Traffic
R2 (the makers of which aren't on my good side; not including english
subtitles...)), mplayer -dvd 1 -slang sv -v yields:

   [open] subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: da
   [open] subtitle ( sid ): 1 language: sv
   [open] subtitle ( sid ): 2 language: no
   [open] subtitle ( sid ): 3 language: fi
   [open] number of subtitles on disk: 4

Yet '-dvd 1 -slang sv' doesn't work, and neither does '-dvd 1 -sid 1'. I
have corresponding problems with the Das Boot DVD.

Am I missing something paintfully obvious here?

Thanks

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org