[MPlayer-users] Dark Bugreport

Bogdán Zaválnij bogdan at renyi.hu
Fri Apr 5 14:15:02 CEST 2002

> > I have a strange problem. while all the DOCS writes, that the xv driver
> > can adjust brightness, I cannot do it.. :-(
> >
> > for some reason for me it is possible to brighten the dull output only in
> > direct show codecs, which is "quite" slow for my 300MHz cpu..
> >
> > any help there?
> Maybe your driver doesn't support it, check xvinfo output for something like
> this:

hm.. the first answer that makes any sence.. (but Arpi, please tell me,
what is for a bugreport for, if I sent the whole xvinfo output, but the
answer tells me to check it.. ;-))

>       "XV_BRIGHTNESS" (range -128 to 127)
>               client settable attribute
>               client gettable attribute (current value is 0)

well, I indeed do not have such things.. then the question is: "why"?
as I wrote I have nVidia Viper 550 TNT chip with the newest Nvidia driver.

it is known _not_ to support these? or I should make some tricky
configurations? or? please any help!!

or it is undependent of the nVidia driver? is it depends on the version of
X? (4.0.3 I have).

Bogdan