[Mplayer-users] DVD ripping -- no sound!

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Fri Sep 28 18:40:02 CEST 2001

On 28 Sep 2001 12:54:07 -0400 Cláudio "Sampaio (Patola)" <patola at solvo.com.br> wrote:

> 	Just for the record, I hope not to bloat this list: I am sorry, I have
> read all the documentation but that just wasn't clear for me. I thought
> there was a kind of non-documented way to encode divx's with audio.

I thought it was metioned somewhere that it isnt possible

> > use drip instead
>
> 	I am experimenting yet, gotta get orbitcpp to use it. Thanks for the
> suggestion.

Juup, drip requires a lot, but it's worth it.

> 	Thanks very much for answering. Are there any plans to use audio and
> video encoding altogether in mplayer?

Dont think so. -vo odivx was an experiment, and somewhat i
dont hope mplayer will get an encoder too.
For such proposes we have drip and ffmpeg

> 	Also, I am very interested in the NVIDIA discussion. I have an NVIDIA
> card too, and I think it would be interesting to make some pressure for
> the open-sourcing of its video drivers.

Nah... put some presure on Matrox, they should open there TV-Out stuff :-)

		Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.