[Mplayer-users] There isn't...

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 25 14:35:38 CEST 2001

On Tuesday, 25. September 2001 03:44, Apopatos wrote:
> Hello,I have tried to install Mplayer in Redhat7.0,Mandrake7.2-8.0 and
> SUSE7.1 and I have always the same problem.

preferably use SuSE :) and you should upgrade X to 4.1.0 it's available on
suses homepage for download.

>  If I try to install it from rpm package,I have the depedency-libtinfo.so.5
> is required.I looked for in rpmfind.net and I musted to download n-curses.I
> installed n-curses but the depedency still exists.

hmm, strange because a usual install should contain the new-curses lib
already.

And please report where you found the rpm, if it wasn't source RPMs, but
binary rpms it vilolates our current license, which disallows binary
distributions.

>  If I try to install it from tar I can not to run Mplayer.
>  I tried MPlayer0.1-0.17-0.18 etc and I've got the same problems.
>  Please,help me I have windows in my hard disk because of I've got a lot of
> divx videos that I can't see in Linux!!!

grab latest cvs snapshot from http://mplayerhq.hu, try to ./configure and
compile it, if it doesn't work read DOCS/*. If it still doesn't work read
DOCS/bugreports.html to find out how to write a *proper* bugreport.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.
	- Linus Torvalds