[Mplayer-users] gcc version for RedHat7.1 a little "off topic"

ForeveR forever at klub.chip.pl
Mon Sep 24 10:28:56 CEST 2001

Helo,
I tried to compile mplayer with gcc from RedHat and misteriously it is
working... I read the manual, and I found that there is some problems
with MMX or something ..,. So I tried to find some older, working with
this RedHat librarys gcc version. I didn't found.
I found that I have some "strange problem with not only mplayer in some
situations:
1. Xvextension is working "randomly" sometimes with mplayer, never with
xawtv(X- freeze), and always with xine(sometime crashes)
2. when using xawtv and changing display mode from overlay to the next
(i cant remeber the exact expression)  X server crash (doing restart).

Can somebody say me if:
1. When I will download the gcc sources and compile it with "fucked"
wersion will be ok or also fucked?
2. Can somebody send me the link to some working with RedHat7.1 version
of gcc?
3. What should I recompile than to be sure that system is working with
full functionality?

Thanks in advance for help!

--
_4ever_