[Mplayer-users] Mandrake 8.1 + gcc 3.0.1

Andreas Enge andreas.enge at epost.de
Sun Sep 23 14:11:03 CEST 2001

Am Sonntag, 23. September 2001 07:51 schrieben Sie:
> I use RH 7.1.  mplayer wouldn't compile with gcc 3.0.1
> due to broken C headers.  Once I updated the C headers
> by installing the latest glibc-devel package, mplayer
> compiled with gcc 3.0.1 and works perfectly.

Yesterday, I compiled the CVS version on Mandrake 8.0 with the Mandrake rpms
for gcc 3.0.1 without any problem. My glibc version is 2.2.4, which is
slightly newer than the one delivered with Mandrake 8.0.

By the way, I am quite impressed by the mplayer programme, my compliments to
the coders. It is definitely the first completely usable video player I have
seen for Linux, playing almost all file formats, and the CVS version finished
with the remaining quality problems of mpegs. Are there any plans to
integrate the openquicktime library?

Greetings,

Andreas