[Mplayer-users] editing?

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Sep 21 12:07:07 CEST 2001

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Arpi wrote:

> > My question is - are you going to put any editing features to mplayer? If no -
> not planned.

I'd be interested in implementing some "virtual editting".  IE - the
ability to create an edit-list as you view a file.  On subsequent playback
the edit list can be used like a .ifo file to skip things.

An edit-list could also do double time as bookmarks.

For me this would be useful to mark the true programme start, and
"disappear" ad breaks.

I suppose it could also be used later during a recompress for archiving to
leave parts out.

Steve