[Mplayer-users] DGA on laptop

Anders Rune Jensen root at gnulinux.dk
Fri Sep 21 02:23:40 CEST 2001

Hi

I remembered someone talking earlier about running divx on a 266 laptop with
DGA, so I installed debian on my laptop P3 750 (Thought it would be powerful
enough). x11 and DGA works, I've been able to get SDL working in one of my
earlier tries, but it just wouldn't work know. Anyway xv is not supported in
the driver for the gfx yet (Trident Cyberblade XP). DGA works, I can hear to
sound and the screen blanks, but the image does blank and When I stop the
movie I cannot get back to Xfree have to ctrl alt backspace :(
Seems like it needs a simple fix, just can't find out what.

Regards
Anders Rune Jensen
root at gnulinux.dk