[Mplayer-users] smr

Thomas Prokosch thomas at nadev.net
Wed Sep 19 19:56:33 CEST 2001

On Wed, Sep 19, 2001 at 07:22:50PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > Codec		DirectShow
> > Friedly Name    nAVI Vx3 MPEG-4 Codec
> > DLL             mpg4c32.dll
> > FourCC          MP43
> > GUID            ???
> RTFM again. GUI is for directshow codecs. they have usually .ax extension.
> dll codecs are vfw, so no guid requires.
>
> btw, mpg4c32.dll with fourcc mp43 is already in codecs.conf, why to add again?

This is why I am puzzled and joined the mailing list. I thought I
could figure out on my own, but I can't.

The SMR codec comes with modified mpg4c32.dll and with additional
mpg4ds32.ax

The mpg4ds32.ax file is never mentioned in the registry, so my guess
is that it is called directly from within the (modified) mpg4c32.dll.
The thing is, when viewing the movie with mplayer, the video opens
and it shows blue text on a black background (approx 5 seconds) "SMR
rulez" and then exits. This is the case for all SMR movies I have
got.

Perhaps the problem is much bigger and not solved with a new config
entry?

Thomas
--
Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.