[Mplayer-users] performance low when using svgalib?

erwin hermans herrie at damien.kotnet.org
Tue Sep 18 18:10:00 CEST 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> Hmm, not sure.
> DWORD is unsigned long, so it maybe should be LONG.
> Long on X86 is 4bytes, as is int32_t of course too, but the question is if
> LONG (defined as long) or DWORD (defined as unsigned long) are also 4byte
> wide on Alpha. A small sample prog compiled on the alpha like:
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> int main(void){
>   printf("long: %i unsigned long: %i\n", sizeof(long), sizeof(unsigned long));
>   return 0;
> }
>
> would show that.

Well, I copied the contents in a file called test.c and this is the output
of the tests. Hope it helps.

herrie at damien:~/helpmplayer$ ll
total 4
-rw-r--r--    1 herrie   herrie        130 Sep 18 18:02 test.c
herrie at damien:~/helpmplayer$ gcc -o test test.c
herrie at damien:~/helpmplayer$ ./test
long: 8 unsigned long: 8

Unfortunately it isn't possible to give the persons interested in
adjusting mplayer for alpha an account on my alpha. It is connected to the
network of the university and behind a nat and a firewall, so it is just
not possible to connect to my alpha.
I know there are ways around these measures, but the AUP states it isn't
allowed (and since a month or so, the network admins are VERY strict in
these matters) :(