[Mplayer-users] Do you fix bugs or just RTFM

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 17 14:53:45 CEST 2001

On Monday, 17. September 2001 02:54, Ivan Kalvatchev wrote:
> I am very disappointed from Mplayer developer team.
> I like a lot mplayer, it works, it playies fine. It's
> quick.
> There are just some little problems, i have reported
> three.
> None of them is fixed.
[snip]
> The second one was for ugly resizeing in vo_sdl.
> Result - NoFix. One week after report i send patch
> (three times). Result NONE. Not even mail with "stop
> spamming".
I told you I didn't like your patch, I'm planning to look into that but
haven't found time yet, as I'm very busy currently and additional usually
away the whole weekend so I can't work on mplayer there either.

> The third and the easiest one. Just 1 line in
> codecs.conf is wrong and DivX4 movies won't run with
> FFmpeg. Result ABSOLUTLE NOTHING. Is it so hard to
> change one line or you just you don't care.

Yes, I've seen it and marked the mail for processing in my mailer, as I get
about 100mails per day I can't process each mail directly so I mark them for
later reading, but sometimes I forget it then.
FFMpeg used to use opendivx for the mpeg4 codec but it was changed to mpeg4
some time ago.

Best Regards,
	Atmos

_____
Software is like sex: it's better when it's free.
	- Linus Torvalds