[Mplayer-users] All non 4:3 movies in -vo sdl starts ungly resized

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 13:14:11 CEST 2001

One week after reporting this bug, and after some
stuped mails from a developer (ala "i will look", "i
didn't have time"...), I decide to share a working
fix.
The fix is not perfect, but it's better. I need more
info to make it work in all cases.
Now vo_sdl works right if:

1.Your monitor have 4:3 aspect (in opposite of 16:9)
There must be a command line switch to be able to use
costum aspects.

2.You don't use non 4:3 aspect mode with -vm or -fs
-vm gives init() with dst:0x0 so instead src is used.
This prevents vo_init from change aspect.
-fs gives init() with dst set to maximum, The promlem
raise when switching back to window, so there must be
an overflow bug in SDL.
Both can be fixed if dst is calculated in vo_sdl, but
in this case some command lines switches will not
function (-x -y -xy ...).
Apply the patch on MPlayer-20010912 (or a few older)

  Ivan Kalvachev
   iive at yahoo.com

P.S It should work and with today MPplayer-20010913.

MISS