Fwd: Re: Fwd: [Mplayer-users] compilation problems with current cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Sep 10 22:20:17 CEST 2001

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Zdenek Kabelac <kabi at informatics.muni.cz>
To: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Mplayer-users] compilation problems with current cvs

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:05:17PM +0200, Arpi wrote:

> Do you have any idea?
> It seems to latest gcc has incompatible headers, used by common directshow
> code...  it isn't the first such bugreport, so maybe not his system is
> broken. bot not impossible...

well I have no idea why are users using gcc3 compiler without correct
header files - if they would have use Debian they wouldn't have such
problems - if someone just thinks he will replace gcc2.X with gcc3.0
and everything will work he is very naive :)

Anwyay avifile is compilable by gcc3.0 released in Debian.

> /usr/include/wchar.h: In function `long long int wcstoq(const wchar_t*,
>    wchar_t**, int)':

And I think the error message is quite descriptive - so user
has to install fixed header files together with gcc3.0
(Debian has g++-3 and g++-v3 include directories)

--
         Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
 Zdenek Kabelac  http://i.am/kabi/ kabi@{i.am, debian.org, fi.muni.cz}