[Mplayer-users] SB Live!+OSS causes machine to freeze

Marcin Pilch pilchm at prolog.pl
Mon Sep 10 00:48:59 CEST 2001

Hi,

I am using kernel 2.4.7 on a Red Hat 7.1 system. MPlayer was compiled
using both the newest 2.96 and 3.0.1 gcc. The results were perfectly the
same.

When using OSS (-ao oss) the computer freezes while seeking. Rarely, I
think once per fifty seeks, but completely (mouse doesn't move, etc).
Kernel driver problem? I tried --disable-mmx & --disable-sse, no results.

It doesn't happen (well, I was seeking around for at least 10 minutes
[;-)] with SDL (-ao sdl) and I have no problems using any other sound
software.

X version 4.1.0, nVidia card using latest 1.0-1512 driver
The hardware is: SB Live! player 1024, Celeron II (supporting SSE).

I'll try 2.4.10 as soon as it's released, and post the results if it helps.

Regards,

Marcin Pilch