[Mplayer-users] Frame Drops

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Sun Sep 9 19:15:59 CEST 2001

> Did kernel 2.2.x do disk caching differently from 2.4.x?
> If not, is there any problem associated with 2.4.4?
> Is it possible to tell mplayer to cache the next couple of mb
> in memory?
That would only increase your problem - if it would cache large chunks,
cdrom would have the time to spin down, so your movies would be broken
into parts as large as memcache. Hmm only thing mplayer could do is play
commercials until your cd spins up.
 Did you by any chance buy more memory when going from 2.2.x to 2.4.x?

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
I'd love to, but you know how we psychos are.