[Mplayer-users] FBDev once again

Jean-Luc Fontaine jfontain at winealley.com
Thu Sep 6 15:54:40 CEST 2001

Arpi wrote:

 >Hi,
 >
 >>I have been a recipient for this mailing list for quite a while and it
 >>is not the first
 >>time that I notice the foul language and the anger directed at newbie
 >>questions.
 >>

 >No problems with newbies. Problems are with users (usually advanced users,
 >not newbies) who can't (or don't want to) RTFM.
 >Things are well described in the docs, so 90% of traffic in this list are
 >RTFM questions. And you're right, we don't like it.

So I take that swearing is your way to make people understand?

 >>I am truly disappointed at such attitudes, unworthy of an otherwise fine
 >>piece of
 >>software.
 >>
 >>I am now considering unsubscribing from this list because of this.
 >>

 >No prob, enough newbies left :)
 >I should unsubscribe too. It could decrease my IdegCounter a lot.
 >Or maybe an auto-answering machine - sending RTFM message to every
posters.

 >You should move to avifile list.

Thank you: I'll take your advice.

 >Zdnet every times tell users the problems, in details. He has many
free time
 >and much more patience. He is over the 100th 'unresolved symbol:
mpegtoraw'
 >bugreport (gcc 2.96 bug) but he is still patient, and answers every time.
 >(instead of writting the program, he writes such mails...)
 >Sorry, we are coders, not writters...

Why do you put out a mailing list then?
Do I need to be a specific type of user to use it, one who never makes
an error or never gets confused, and, I forget, tries be be polite?

It is very easy to swear at people, anybody can do that.
I hope that you will grow up some day...

Over and out.