[Mplayer-users] FBDev once again

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 6 13:52:32 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Hey, have you ever tried 'man mplayer' ?
>
>  Yes, I have. I wouldn't write here if I didn't check man page, docs and
> help message from the program. Thank you very much for putting me on the
> 'newbie shelf' :/
>
> >        -quiet display less output, status messages.
>
> yacoob:~[310]> \man mplayer | grep quiet || echo 'Shit, man! Nothin ''ere!'
> Shit, man! Nothin 'ere!
>
> :(
>
> Now  you  can  say  that  I should use newest CVS version. Well, I'm not
> using it. No time to download, only modem here...

But you should. You can download cvs snapshot, it isn't much longer
than release version. (single, tar.bz2 file).
It's smaller than 1 day traffic on this list (because of such mails) :)

Latest pre-release was 0.18pre5, it's 2 months old. Many things changed
in 2 months...

-quiet is a very old option. maybe even 0.18pre5 has it, only documentation
wasn't uptodate in it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu