[Mplayer-users] S3 Virge video card

Ivan Kalvatchev iive at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 18:32:32 CEST 2001

There is advice in the FManual that i don't like. I
own S3VirgeDx card and i can watch DVD with it. Yes it
is old, yes it is slow, but every OS have WORKING
drivers for it. I have no problems in linux (except
DGA), this card just run fine. I see in this post that
most of new cards need special drivers, other don't
run and so on. So please remove the advice to sell the
old S3VirgeDx it's still usable.
I can agree that S3Trio cards are bad, and don't run
well on linux.