[MPlayer-users] Debian packaging, I'm BACK!

Danie Roux droux at tuks.co.za
Wed Oct 31 12:13:58 CET 2001

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 01:03:52PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> > It does depend on it to build. All those packages needs to be installed
> > for it to compile and generate packages.
>
> Why? It doesn't depends on any of these. It _can_ use them if they are
> installed, but it compiles and works without them.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough. Debian has an autobuild system.
This system looks at what the app needs to compile, and in a chrooted
environment then build from the single source all the binaries.

So you have to specify all the packages needed to build all possible
combinations of mplayer.

The final .debs (binaries) will only have the dependencies you need to
run them.

So libgtk-dev will be needed to build mplayer-gui from source. But only
libgtk would be necessary to run it. And you won't need libgtk for
mplayer-nox.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix