[MPlayer-users] config file codec family single codec override

Stefan Nicolin stefan at nicolinux.de
Mon Oct 29 21:47:52 CET 2001

Hi,

>> Since fame and richness are surley your motivation - i can help you with the first one:
>> Thanks for the great app, I'am happy to see that nearly anyone asked suggests mplayer as a excellent movie player (at least frequently seen on the slackware forum).
>I'm also using slackware :)
Great then we are all safe since no bad guy will ever use Slackware :)

>> And now to my problem/question:
>> I am using the canon digital ixus 300 to record small movies. Those mjpeg movies work very well with the VFW codec family but since I want to avoid the win stuff, I've set vfm=5 in ~/.mplayer/config
>> The problem is that ffmjpeg does not work well with those movies - colors are disorted and some colored shadows show sometimes up.
>> Is there a possibility to specify the VFW codec family *only* for the mjpeg codec ?

>Why don't you upload sample movie and allow us / ffmpeg authors to fix the
>mjpeg codec?
You are right, I shouldn't be so egoistic. So it's done. The file "me_and_my_girlfriend_having_sex_at_mcdonals.avi" and .txt uploaded ;)
The bugreport follows here - just in case it's needed - note I've packed the config.log, make.log and mplayer.log to a output.tgz since I don't want to produce too much trafic for the others.

Something else before I forget - Thanks also Gabu for your answer, I've replyed to your mail but since I get the mails in the digest mode it was not easy to reach the list again - hope it works this time.

Bugreport:

Bugreport for ffmjpeg codec problem with movies recorded using a Canon Digital IXUS 300

Stefan Nicolin

1. System info:

distribution:
Slackware 8.0

kernel version:
Linux mirage 2.4.13-xfs #3 Fri Oct 26 03:57:52 CEST 2001 i686 unknown

libc version:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      4783716 May 26 03:03 /lib/libc-2.2.3.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Oct  6 05:44 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.2.3.so

X version:
XFree86 Version 4.1.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 2 June 2001
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.2.19 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present

(hm, I should compile my own... at least this one was compiled on a athlon or so)

gcc and ld version:
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-slackware-linux/2.95.3/specs
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.19 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.19)

binutils version:
GNU assembler 2.11.90.0.19
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `i386-slackware-linux'.

2. Hardware and drivers:

CPU info:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 3
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 706.304
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall
 mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow
bogomips        : 1409.02

video card manufacturer and model:
Asus V7700 Geforce 2 GTS Deluxe with 32 MB DDRRAM

video driver type&version:
Hate me now :) - Nvidia binary driver 1.0-1541

sound card type & driver:
SB Live Value PCI with kernel emu10k driver

Thanks and good luck !

Stefan

>A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

>--
>mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
>http://esp-team.scene.hu

One IP to bring them all and in the zone bind them.